The deadline for the submission of Salary Relief Grant (SRG) applications has expired.
- What are the COVID-19 Grants?
The Income Support Grant (ISG) and the Salary Relief Grant (SRG) are measures implemented and funded by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago to provide financial relief to persons who have suffered a loss of income as a result of the restrictions implemented in May and June 2021, by the Government to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- Is there a difference between the ISG and the SRG?
Yes. Please see the table below for a description of both grants.
|Type of Grants||Description|
|Salary Relief Grant (SRG)||Salary Relief Grant (SRG) The SRG will be administered by the National Insurance Board of Trinidad and Tobago (NIBTT) on behalf of the Ministry of Finance (MOF). Applicants for the SRG must fit the following criteria:-|
• Suffered loss of income/employment as a result of the restrictions implemented in May and June, 2021 in the specific sectors outlined in the Public Health Ordinance;
• The applicant must be registered with the NI System and have a valid NI number;
• Must be a national or permanent resident of Trinidad and Tobago;
• Between the ages 18 – 65 years.
|Income Support Grant (ISG)||This grant will be administered by the Ministry of Social Development and Family Services (MSDFS). Applicants for the ISG must fit the following criteria:-|
• Suffered loss of income/employment as a result of the restrictions implemented in May and June, 2021;
• Individuals who are registered with the NI System and possess a valid NI number are not eligible to apply for this grant;
• Must be a national or permanent resident of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Should I apply for both grants?
No. Persons may only apply for one (1) grant based on the criteria provided at the description in number 2 above. The SRG is for persons with a valid National Insurance (NI) number, the ISG is for persons who do not possess a valid NI number.
- I applied for the May 2021 offering of the Salary Relief Grant, do I have to re-apply for June?
No. Persons who successfully completed and submitted online application forms for the May 2021 offering of the SRG should not reapply. Once eligible, June’s offering of the SRG will be processed utilising the same online application form submitted for May’s 2021 offering.
- Can I apply for both the May and June offering of the Salary Relief Grant if I did not apply previously?
Yes. Persons who fit the set eligibility criteria may apply for both the May and June offering of the Salary Relief Grant.
- I am employed in the construction sector. Can I apply for both the May and June offering of the Salary Relief Grant?
Members of the construction sector are invited to apply for the June offering of the Salary Relief Grant.
- When is the deadline for submission of online applications for the May/June offering of the Salary Relief Grant?
Applicants have until July 9th, 2021 to complete and submit their online application for the May/June offering of the SRG.
- Can I apply for a grant if I’m self-employed?
Yes. Self-employed individuals may apply for the Income Support Grant (ISG) being administered by the Ministry of Social Development and Family Services, once they meet all other criteria for that grant.
- Am I guaranteed to receive the grant once I apply?
No. The grant would only be provided to applicants that meet the criteria outlined at the description in number 2 above. Any application made under the programme will be considered for prospective relief only.
- Where can I access the application form?
The application process will be strictly online-only, in keeping with the COVID-19 restrictions. Online application forms for the SRG and IRG are currently available on the websites of the MOF (www.finance.gov.tt) and MSDFS (www.social.gov.tt).
- I do not own or have access to a computer to apply online. Can I send my application via TTPOST or drop off at one of the Ministries’ offices?
No. Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants may seek assistance from their Member of Parliament (MP) and Local Government Councillors.
- How do I follow up on my May/June application after submission?
Applicants may email email@example.com to follow up.
- How much is the SRG and ISG?
The SRG and ISG are up to a maximum of $1,500 each for the months of May and June, 2021 respectively. Once eligible, persons whose income was suspended/terminated at the beginning of May 2021 will receive $1,500 for the month of May and $1,500 for the month of June. Persons whose income was suspended/terminated from May 8th, 2021 will receive $1,000 for the month of May and $1,500 for the month of June.
- How long after my application is submitted, would I receive payment?
Once approved, applicants should receive the grant in approximately 4 to 6 weeks from submission.
- I’m having a technical issue on the SRG E-Portal. What should I do?
Persons who are experiencing technical issues with the online process should utilise the HELP button on the homepage of the SRG E-Portal. Responses will be facilitated within 24 to 48 hours.
- Did you receive your Salary Relief Grant E-Portal Verification email? NO?
If you registered for the Salary Relief Grant (SRG) ePortal and have not received your Verification email, please log in to request a new Verification email.
How to Login?
- Go to the ePortal homepage at https://portal.finance.gov.tt/
- Click the “Log In” option in the menu or click the red Login button under the heading “I want to continue an application” (applicants must use the same e-mail address registered with previously).
- Once you have successfully logged-in, click “Resend Confirmation Email”
- Where can I access more information on these grants?
- The Ministry of Finance is responsible for disseminating information on the Salary Relief Grant. Further information may be obtained from the Ministry’s platforms –
- Website: https://www.finance.gov.tt/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/moftt
- The Ministry of Social Development and Family Services is responsible for administering and disseminating information on the Income Support Grant. Further information may be obtained from the Ministry’s platforms –
- Website: https://www.social.gov.tt/
- I created an account and started my SRG application online before the initial deadline submission date of May 31st, 2021. Now that the SRG is being offered for June, can I continue and submit my online application for both May and June?
If you already started an online application for the Salary Relief Grant and already have a user account, you may continue to complete the Salary Relief Grant application form by using the email address and password you supplied previously to log in. The deadline date for the completion of applications is July 9th, 2021.